What’s your favorite Sure Shot Sid’s recipe? Let us know at email@example.com and we’ll publish it here!
Thanksgiving may be over, but it's always a good time for turkey! Roasted, smoked, grilled or fried-- you can't go wrong when you use Sure Shot Sid's!
- Thawed, Fresh Domestic, or Wild Turkey
- Sure Shots Sids Gunpowder Seasoning
- Kosher Salt
- Rinse turkey well, don't brine, and cover entirely in Gunpowder Seasoning outside and inside the cavity, adding a dash of Kosher Sea Salt inside.
- Wrap turkey tightly with heavy foil and let it sit over night
- Set oven to 250 degrees, place covered turkey in a roaster pan and slow cook for about 8 hours for a great smoky flavor and falling off bone juicy. Normally you will smell the turkey when it’s done. I usually put mine in about 11:30 pm and let it cook all night! Allow to cool and slice this juicy and flavorful bird, then serve and watch it disappear from the platter.
The directions are essentially the same as the oven, so get your smoker (electric or wood) to about 250 degrees, place the turkey on a rack and slow cook for about 8 hours. You will not believe the flavor you'll get- it will blow you away!
Brisket, Pork Loins, Roasts, Whole Chicken, Duck, Rabbit or Other Game Meats
- Give the meat a good coating of Gunshot Sauce and Sure Shot Sid’s Gunpowder Seasoning
- Wrap it in heavy tin foil
- Place in oven or grill for at least one hour per size of meat at 350 degrees
- Reduce heat to 250 degrees and allow to cook for allotted time per pound of meat
- Open foil and allow to brown slightly if desired. This will be a very moist and juicy meat!
- Remove, slice and if desired add your favorite sauce or Gunshot Sauce for a spicy, vinegary kick!
Gunshot Sauce Hot Wings
- 5 lbs. Chicken Wings
- 2 16 oz. Bottles Gunshot Sauce
- Wash and dry 5 lbs. of chicken wings
- Then cook your favorite way. We fry ours!
- Use 2 16 oz. bottles of Gunshot Sauce or pour 2 cups full from the gallon jug size into a sauce pan.
- Add a good coating of Sure Shot Sid’s Gunpowder Seasoning (Add Chipotle Pepper Seasoning if using the Regular Gunshot Sauce) onto sauce and stir in bringing sauce to heat, but not boiled!
- Put wings into large serving pan and pour sauce over them, stir up well and allow to soak for about 30 minutes before serving. You can add small amount of water if they dry out any!
Prepare for grill your way, then sprinkle the Sure Shot Sid’s Gunpowder Seasoning or our wonderful Lemon Pepper Seasoning onto seafood and allow to cook for the allotted time. Serve hot and enjoy a wonderful smoky flavor!
Ribs and Other Pork
- Rinse ribs well then rub thoroughly with Gunshot Sauce and Sure Shot Sid’s Gunpowder Seasoning
- I wrap mine in heavy foil and cook on the grill or in oven for about 1 hour then remove from foil to brown on grill and add any sauce if desired! They normally are soft, tender and really tasty!
- Wash well then rub turkey thoroughly with Gunshot Sauce and Sure Shot Sid’s Gunpowder Seasoning inside and out (you can stuff it if desired)
- Wrap turkey tightly with heavy foil and place in your roaster pan, cover and into the preheated oven on 350 degrees for 1 hour
- Reduce heat to 250 degrees and allow to cook for recommended time for the turkey size. Normally you will smell the turkey when it’s done. I usually put mine in about 11:30 pm and let it cook all night! Allow to cool and slice this juicy and flavorful bird, then serve and watch it disappear from the platter.
Rick's Chipotle and Gunpowder Chili
Make your normal chili but add ⅓ cup of Sure Shot Sid’s Gunpowder Seasoning and ⅓ cup of Chipotle Pepper Seasoning to the pot and allow it to blend in well with your chili, Then serve and enjoy a very unique smoky flavor with that Chipotle peppery flavor to help the heat!
Hamburgers or Sausage
Mix the Sure Shot Seasoning into the hamburger or sausage before making the patties or if using preformed patties, sprinkle it on the patty after placing it on the grill or in the skillet.
- Gunpowder Seasoning
- Worchester Sauce
We use Worchester Sauce poured over the meat. Then shake the Sure Shot Sid’s over the entire piece of meat. Refrigerate and allow it to marinade at least overnight or longer if desired. You will get a wonderful Grilled, Charcoal, and Smoky flavor from the meat and it is good and tender as well.